Fruit Tarts Jan 14, 2018 12:23:57 GMT 10
Post by SeaDragon on Jan 14, 2018 12:23:57 GMT 10
Fruit Tarts 水果塔
Recipe from Kitchen Notes on Fenying's radio program, Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Sweet Short Crust Pastry 甜塔皮
50g icing sugar (sieve)
¼ tsp vanilla oil (or extract)
375g plain flour
25g custard powder 蛋黄粉
5g baking powder
¼ tsp salt
D: (melt in a bowl standing over boiling water)
1. Beat butter and icing sugar in the mixer using medium speed.
2. Add ingredients B in 2 separate additions and beat till creamy.
3. Mix sieved Ingredients C using low speed to form dough, do not over mix.
4. Chill dough in the fridge for 30 mins.
5. Roll dough to 3 mm thickness on a floured tabletop.
6. Cut pastry into circles with a round cutter.
7. Place round pastry on tart mould, drop mould lightly a few times to let pastry sink into mould, then press to the rim to shape tarts, cutting off any excess pastry, prick evenly with a fork.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 190°C till golden, cool.
9. Remove tart shells from moulds and brush inside with melted chocolate.
Note: Makes 28-30 tart shells.
Custard Cream 蛋奶糊
35g custard powder
100g fresh cream
½ tsp vanilla oil (or extract)
1. Mix Ingredients A evenly and strained.
2. Boil Ingredients B in a pot till sugar melted.
3. Add strained Ingredients A gradually, stirring constantly till mixture thickened and cooked, switch off heat.
4. Mix vanilla oil evenly into slightly cooled cooked mixture.
5. Fill tart shells with custard cream and decorate with fruits.
Note: This quantity makes 15 tarts.